Thursday, January 3, 2013

The 100-Mile Ride

My first 100-mile ride!

Living in a Buddhist country has a lot of perks as well as some drawbacks. For one, we get six weeks off of school for Chinese New Year along with many other holidays for all the different gods. On the other hand, there is no Christmas.

Last year's Christmas sucked and it was our fault. Lauren and I made sure we did things differently this year and made Christmas the best possible. One of those ways was celebrating early. Lauren had a final exam on the 25th and I had work six out of seven days including the 25th. We decided that Saturday and Sunday the 22nd and 23rd were our days.

No work on Saturday meant I had free time. Lots of free time. Here's what I did.

Up at 4:30am to eat and prepare for the beautiful ride up to Sun Moon Lake!


New gloves. Thanks Lauren!

Beat the sun!

Waiting for the others... who didn't show up. 

This is on the 136 leading towards Nantou County. Amazing road for cycling. 

County line. 

Cool cemetery about 15km from the lake.

Wenwu Temple at Sun Moon Lake

The view from the top of Wenwu Temple



I stayed off the touristy wooden path and on the main road loop of 29km. 

 The steps of Wenwu Temple
 





In the saddle for 6 hours and 40 minutes covering 160km. Strava link here.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I would love to live there. And i would love to also be able to run for more then 30 minutes. I am completely jealous of what you get to wake up to, what a beautiful place!

    Thanks for linking up this week for the Followers to Friends Blog Party!

    Sherry @ I AM PISCES
    Followers to Friends Blog

    ReplyDelete