Monday, May 27, 2013

2013 Gaomei Wetlands Half-Marathon

With this event only thirty minutes from my house, I had to sign up for this one. I knew the course would be tough (first 4k is uphill, some sections up to 9%) but thought I would go out and try to set a PR.

The term wetlands means a few things. For one, the area should be flat. Two, wet and humid. We had great weather that morning, but it was still a sweat fest.

Strava Link Here

After the 4k hill battle, there was a 2.5km fast downhill segment. The rest was super flat and beautiful. We ran through rice fields and a few dirt roads.

I ended up finishing in 1:36:20. I didn't think it was that fantastic, but it earned me 2nd in AG out of 360 and 28th overall out of 1600. Got me a trophy!



Ran a half marathon, got a trophy, and was still at church before 9am.


No comments:

Post a Comment